Ground-Source Heat Pumps
What is a heat pump?
A heat pump uses a refrigerant compressor and electric power to turn low temperature heat from the ground into useful, warmer heat. It the Summer, most heat pumps can be reversed to push heat from the building into the ground at very high efficiencies.
Why use a Vortex Source heat pump?
- Energy efficient: uses one third the energy of an electric resistance or fossil fuel burning system.
- Environmentally friendly: uses no fossil fuels or ozone depleting refrigerants, just electricity and the Earth's energy.
- Air Conditioning Included: no additional equipment required for air conditioning, no outdoor unit required.
Benefits of Vortex Source heat pumps:
- Intelligent: use smart controllers to ensure optimal function and allow customized performance.
- Load matching: automatic capacity adjustment available on two-stage and variable capacity models.
- Automatic temperature adjustment: save up to 25% on energy costs by reducing water temperature during mild weather
- Quiet: scroll compressor technology
- 10 Year Warranty: for compressor, 2-5 years on other components
Vortex Source offers a range of ground source heat pumps to meet your heating & cooling needs.
Announcement: HP Data Logging and Monitoring (Oct. 2018)
Water to Water Heat Pumps
Water to Air Heat Pumps
We offer pump modules for a variety of ground source heat pump system configurations. Includes pumps, heat exchangers and controls.